I am sharing here on WordPress the doctrines that I subscribe to as a Christian. The list is by no means complete, but it covers many of the orthodox doctrines of the Christian faith. By orthodox I mean those that were endorsed and professed not only by patristic figures but also by the Reformers.
Everything on the list is firmly founded on the Bible, because I believe in the doctrine of Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone) and Tota Scriptura (all of Scripture). If you have the time, please read the Bible verses mentioned here so you can check for yourself if indeed everything I’ve stated is based solely on the Bible.
With these confessions of faith, I am stating exactly where I stand on various matters in regards to the Christian faith. These confessions are the bases of what I’ve posted as well as my future posts here on WordPress when it comes to theological and religious issues.
It is my prayer that the Lord will use this to edify not only my Christian brothers and sisters but also those who seek to have a relationship with our loving Savior Jesus Christ.
1. I believe in the Eternal (Psalm 90:2), Immutable/Unchanging (Malachi 3:6), All-Powerful (Psalm 147:5), Sovereign (Job 42:2), Faithful (2 Thessalonians 3:3) and Holy (Leviticus 19:2) God.
2. I believe that God created the universe and everything in it (Gen. 1:1) in 6 literal days (Gen. 1) about 6,000 years ago (Matthew 19:4). God created man in His own image (Gen. 1:27) and likeness (Gen. 5:1), and we are NOT the result of random evolutionary processes over an imaginary period of millions or billions of years.
3. I believe that all the persons mentioned in the Bible, both in the Old and New testaments, are all historical figures, except when persons are mentioned in parables or allegories.
4. I believe that there is only one true God (Isaiah 44:6) who exists in three persons (2 Cor. 13:14; John 14:16): the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Persons of the Triune God are co-equal and co-eternal but perform different roles in perfect harmony.
5. I believe that the Holy Bible, which contains sixty-six canonical books, is divinely inspired or ‘God-breathed’ (2 Timothy 3:16) and is the only written revelation of God, and that it is inerrant and is useful in all aspects of my Christian faith.
6. I believe that salvation is not deserved or merited, but is a gift from God because of His mercy (Titus 3:5).Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, and in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). Although faith without works is dead (James 2:14), works DO NOT save or add to one’s justification. Works are corollary to saving faith.
7. I believe that God the Son, Jesus Christ, is both fully God and fully man (Colossians 2:9), and that only He lived a perfect, sinless life (1 Peter 2:22), died, was raised on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:3-4), and is now seated at the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19).
8. I believe that everyone has sinned and fall short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23), and that Christ died so His righteousness can be imputed upon us (Philippians 3:9) and the wrath of God will not abide on us (John 3:36).
9. I believe that the only way to the Father is through His Son (John 14:6), not through any person — living or dead — and that the only way anyone can come to the Father is if that person is drawn to Him by the Son (John 6:44).
10. I believe that it is the duty of every Christian not only to fulfill the Great Commission of making ‘disciples of all nations’ (Matthew 28:19) and preaching the Gospel (Mark 16:15) but also in making a defense of his/her faith (1 Peter 3:15).
11. I believe in the priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:9).
12. I believe that man was created to praise, honor, and glorify God, and Him alone (Isaiah 43:7).